onsdag 13 april 2011

I've become addicted to Man vs. Food

Living in USA definitely make you think more of FOOD. All the time I see commercials of burgers, pizza, fried chicken, fried everything. And wherever I go I bump into huge ads with taco's for 99 cent etc. In other words, all these different meetings with food makes it really hard for me to resist. I just eat, all the time.

This post is about something unusual (for us swedes) but at the same time wonderful. In Sweden we actually have quite many tv shows about food and cooking. A professional chief usually makes something delicious and you can download their recipe on their website etc. Quite boring if you ask me. BUT here in USA, the food shows are way different. They're actually about eating, which of course makes them way more entertaining.

Me and my roommate only switch between two channels basically; ESPN and Travel Channel. On Travel Channel you can watch shows like Bizarre Food, No reservations and my favorite one, Man vs. Food.

Man vs. Food is basically a show where a man, Adam Richman, travels around America to eat different types of american food. And he eats A LOT. In each show there's always a contest where he tries to beat food. The portions are huge, the crowd goes crazy and it's USA in a nutshell.

I hope I can find the episodes on a DVD box or something before I leave, because I know that I'll miss the show so bad when I'm back in Sweden. Well, I'll not let you wait anymore: Here's an example of how Man vs. Food can look like:

2 kommentarer:

  1. Väldigt roligt på många sätt! Men varför ska man ALLTID envisas med att sopa in en svartvitrutig flagga OCH lite halvnakna brudar som om det vore indy 500. Amerikanskt. Underbart.

    ps. kom hem nu med dig! det analyserande sverige går under. ds.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Haha, men det funkar ju uppenbarligen. Tva manader kvar nu!

    SvaraRadera